Some of the oldest buildings to be admired:
- Jaffa's old port, one of the world's oldest. It was an important stop for trade between Europe and the Middle East during Antiquity and the Middle Ages. You can still see some of the beautiful mosaics.
- The clock tower is Jaffa's symbol and it attracts many tourists.
- The old city of Jaffa (Yafo)
- There is nothing like Jaffa's flea market for shopping.
Tel Aviv is more modern, but just as interesting.
- The Carmel Market or Souk Hacarmel where you can find many local products. It is the city's largest market and it is fun to shop there.
- The new Tel Aviv Art Museum is also worth a visit for the building and works by Israeli artists that are exhibited year round.
- The beaches in Tel Aviv including 8.5 mile-long Tayelet beach. It is a meeting place for the population.