Here is how to Participate in the Air France Week of Romance Contest for a chance at winning a pair of round-trip tickets to Paris on Air France.
- Visit the Air France USA Facebook account by clicking here
- "Like" the Air France USA Facebook account (you will need a valid Facebook profile) to be able to write on the wall.
- Click on the "Week of Romance" Facebook tab.
- Follow instructions for entry.
The Air France Week of Romance Contest starts February 13, 2012 and will end on February 20, 2012. The winning entry will be selected around February 21, 2012.
Don´t wait another minute for a chance to win 2 Air France tickets to Europe and play today!
Air France "Week of Romance" Facebook Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Contest Period: The Air France Week of Romance Contest ("Contest") begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on February 12, 2012 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on February 20, 2012 ("Contest Period"). Sponsor: Air France USA Executive Office, 125 West 55th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10019. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry. Employees of the Sponsor Air France and its affiliates/subsidiaries/joint-venture partners, Skyteam, or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest ("Contest Entities"), and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household as such employees, are not eligible to enter or win.
3. How to Enter: Go to http://www.facebook.com/AirFranceUSA, "like" the Air France USA Facebook Account, and click on the "Week of Romance" tab on the side of the page. Once there fill-out the form on the page and in the space provided answer the prompt "Why do you love Air France?" The text entered by the contestant must respect the "requirements for entry" (see below). Entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on February 20, 2012. Use of any automated system to submit Online Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Each participant may submit only one Wall Post during the Contest Period. Submission of more than one Wall Post will result in disqualification from Contest. All entries become the property of Air France USA ("Sponsor") and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY: Your Entry must comply with the following:
• Text submitted by you must be your original work, not copied from any other source and cannot infringe upon the rights of any third party;
• Text cannot exceed 140 characters, including spaces.
• Text cannot contain any elements such as suggested nudity, graphically violent imagery, or be explicitly racial, profane, and slanderous or be contrary to the interests of Sponsor or they will be disqualified and erased from the Air France USA Facebook Wall, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Furthermore, the Sponsor reserves the right to advise Facebook of any offensive text.
• The text must not have been previously published or submitted in any other contest or competition and/or to any media, including, without limitation, any books or magazines.
5. LICENSE TO USE ENTRY: Entrants retain ownership of the Entry they submit, however, by entering you, on behalf of yourself and any Third Party Participants, grant Sponsor and any organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Contest, the perpetual, fully-paid, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, prepare derivate works of, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, otherwise use, and permit others to use and perform throughout the world the Entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Sponsor and Contest all without further consent from or payment to you or any persons whose material or likenesses are incorporated in your Entry. The Winning Entry may be published and posted online but you agree that Sponsor has no obligation to post or publish your Entry, that all such postings or publication, if any, will be in Sponsor’s sole discretion and that the posting or publication of an Entry does not guarantee the Entry is a winner. It is intended that the Winning Entry will be posted but Contest Entities have no obligation to post any Entry and any such posting will be in Contest Entities’ sole discretion. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes a waiver, on behalf of the Winner and all Third Party Participants of any claims to compensation, royalties, or other remuneration for all uses of the Entry by Contest Entities or its agents that are permitted or granted hereunder. By participating in the creation of an Entry, all Third Party Participants are deemed to make the representations and agreements set forth in these Official Rules and may be required to execute documents to that effect or provide Evidence of Rights before the selected Winner is entitled to receive any prize. Should any Third Party Participant fail to comply with the Official Rules or in the event of any dispute between the Entrant and any Third Party Participants or any other person or entity regarding ownership to the Entry or any aspect of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entry. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from or in connection with the use of the Entry as contemplated herein.
6. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: Each entrant must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A winner will be selected in a random from all entries received in a drawing at the Air France office on or around February 21, 2012 at 2PM EST. Selected winner will be notified by e-mail or phone. Phone number will only be used to contact the winner and will not be shared with any third party. In the event that no phone number is provided by entrant and e-mails are not responded to or returned as undeliverable, Sponsor will attempt to re-send said e-mail up to five (5) times over five (5) days. If any Winner does not respond to a phone call notification and/or to said email within five (5) days of its transmission or should the e-mail after five (5) attempts be returned as undeliverable, his or her rights to any prize will be forfeited and the runner up will be selected. Potential prize winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release ("Release") and assignment of Rights ("Assignment") within ten (10) days after the notification date, which will require verification of social security number for tax purposes and an IRS Form as well as Evidence of Ownership and Required Permission forms (‘Forms") from Third Party Participants or others as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of all rights to the prize and the selection of an alternate winner. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Contest, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, Releases, Assignments and any other required documentation, including Evidence of Rights, such individual will be declared the "winner" of the Contest. Winner’s travel companion will also be required to sign a Companion Release prior to travel. If the potential winner or travel companion is a minor in the state in which s/he resides ("Minor"), the Release must be signed by that Minor’s parent or legal guardian on the minor’s behalf. Travel companion must be at least 14 years old at time of travel or traveling with a parent or legal guardian. All expenses associated with parent/legal guardian travel in accompanying a minor Travel Companion will be the sole responsibility of Traveling Companion and/or Winner. Once all documentation is returned to Sponsor and the winner is verified, the prize will be awarded. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of alternate winners, if any.
7. PRIZE DESCRIPTION: The Winner will receive two (2) Air France round-trip economy class tickets. Relative the to the Air France round-trip coach ticket, winner may depart from the following Air France USA gateways only: Boston (airport code: BOS), New York (airport code: JFK), Newark (airport code: EWR), Washington D.C. (airport code: IAD), Atlanta (airport code: ATL), Miami (airport code: MIA), Houston (airport code: IAH), Chicago (airport code: ORD), Detroit (airport code: DTW), Los Angeles (airport code: LAX), Orlando (airport code: MCO), San Francisco (airport code: SFO), Seattle (airport code: SEA). Air France round-trip coach ticket is only valid for Air France operated and marketed flights (i.e. no codeshares). Flights and dates of travel for the winner’s traveling companion must mirror those of the Winner, and all terms and conditions attached to Winner’s travel shall also apply to traveling companion. The prize tickets are valid for trips to Paris CDG. Actual retail values may vary based on fluctuations in price for airfare and/or accommodations, and distance between departure and destination. Ground transportation, surface/air travel to and from the Air France gateway departure city, meals, in-room or other personal charges at lodging (e.g., mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals, and all other expenses are not included and are the sole responsibility of Winner and travel companion. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary. Prize trip must be taken between May 1, 2012 and May 1, 2013. Tickets may be subject to certain other restrictions, including without limitation, availability and blackout dates. Sponsor will attempt to accommodate winner’s preferred itinerary but has no obligation to do so and all specifics thereof will be at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Air travel must be prescheduled by the Sponsor at least one (1) month before requested departure date and cannot be modified. Airline tickets are nonrefundable, nontransferable, and are not valid for upgrades or towards accrual of frequent-flier mileage. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets or travel vouchers and is not responsible if the trip is delayed, postponed, or cancelled for any reason. No prize transfer, assignment, or substitution permitted unless stated herein. Winner is responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation including Passports and Visas. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prize will be made by Sponsor. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. The Prize is non-transferable and no substitution by Winners or cash equivalent is allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Only after all required documentation is returned to Sponsor and the Winner is verified will the applicable prize be awarded. Failure to comply with all terms and conditions will result in forfeiture of the prize.
8. General: By accepting the prize, winner grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, including post online, his or her name, likeness, voice, opinion, biographical information, and place of residency in any media for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and the Sponsor, and on their behalf, and on behalf of their respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns ("Releasing Parties"), release, defend and hold harmless the Contest Entities, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each ("Released Parties"), from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, sums of money, accounts, reckonings, bonds, bills, specialties, covenants, contracts, controversies, agreements, promises, variances, trespasses, lost profits, indirect or direct damages, consequential damages, incidental damages, punitive or exemplary damages, judgments, extent, executions, claims and demands whatsoever, in law, admiralty or equity, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, against Released Parties which any one or more of the Releasing Parties ever had, now have or hereafter can, shall or may have which in any way arise out of or result from entrant´s participation, acceptance and use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related activities. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of any prize. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, or otherwise, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or order of any court or other cause not within Sponsors´ control, Sponsors shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Contest and/or to select a winner from among all eligible Entries received up to the date of termination or other equitable resolution in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Entrants assume all liability for any injury, including death or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of any prize. This Contest shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY´S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST,. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. NAME OF WINNER: For the name of the Winner, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Air France USA, 125 West 55rd Street, 2nd floor, New York, NY 10019, Attn: NYC.VI. Requests will be fulfilled after February 25, 2012. Requests must be received by February 24, 2012.