Purpose of the job:
Works within the AF - KLM Cargo and MP Cargo Sales organization. The Customer Service Representative provides, on a day-to-day basis, a high quality commercial distribution Channel between the customer and the AF/KL/MP Cargo Organization by distributing products and services of AF/KL/MP/AZ Cargo. As such, Customer Service translates the request of customers in an order to be processed by Operations within commercial boundaries set by Sales and other departments. Customer Service also hunts for business by contacting customers, existing and new, and aggressively pursuing the sale.
- The position deals with short-term and day-to-day commercial activities to enable Sales to focus on medium or long term commercial activities and thereby contribute to the result of the commercial team as a whole.
- Responsible for relationship management, pre-sales - the ability to answer questions of customers with regard to general AF/KL/MP cargo information and Alitalia information.
- The selected customer service representative will be responsible for short-term sales by selling AF/KL/MP cargo products within the sales guidelines and make offers within the framework of AF-KL commercial policies.
- Handle administrative/back office tasks involved such as, processing orders, tracking, tracing and after sales.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree in business or related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years Customer Service experience required.
- Cargo Handling or Cargo Sales preferred. Knowledge of Air Cargo products, network, routing, rate construction and computer proficiency preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) products is required, along with knowledge of AF/KL/MP products, network, routing and rate construction.
- Must be extremely customer service oriented with a reputation for team work and contributing positive energy to the workplace.
- Applicants for this position must have strong oral and written skills, and salesmanship.
- Must be able to work toward established individual and team targets.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference Job Code #2014.035 (for Queens, NY) and #2014.036 (for Atlanta, GA) in the email subject line and on the cover letter.
No phone calls please. Air France is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE/M/F/H/V
Purpose of the job: