About your Awards
Airline tickets for you or your family and friends, a donation to a charity…
Everything you need to know in order to obtain your Award.
AIR FRANCE KLM upgrade Awards
The upgrade Award gives you access to the next class up from the full fare you paid when flying AIR FRANCE, KLM, Air Europa and Kenya Airways.
This upgrade Award is also available to the person of your choice without travelling with him on the same flight.
SkyTeam airlines upgrade Awards
- Flying Blue members may use Award Miles to purchase upgrades for passengers not traveling with them.
- Members must purchase an international, full-fare Economy Class reservation on any SkyTeam prime flight (i.e. using the operating carrier's flight number)
- Code share flights are excluded
- Upgrade depends on availability of seats in the applicable booking class
- The Economy Class ticket must be e-ticketed on any SkyTeam or SkyTeam associate's ticket stock
- The award must be requested at least three days before departure of the upgraded flight
- Upgrade requests has to be made only to any Flying Blue Service Centre
- Multiple frequent flyer programme upgrades are not allowed for a single itinerary
- Only one class upgrade is allowed, from Economy Class
- In case of departure from the United Kingdom, France or India, additional taxes apply for Business Class travel, which will be collected from the memberThe Flying Blue SkyTeam Mileage upgrade redemption chart applies
Excess baggage Awards
You can receive an excess baggage(2) exemption by converting Miles into excess baggage Awards on Air France, KLM, Air Europa, Kenya Airways and Aircalin flights.
- Allowance by weight
If your flight uses a weight limit, each excess baggage Award is equivalent to an extra baggage allowance of 5 kg. The cost of purchasing an additional baggage allowance with Miles depends upon your destination. You may obtain a maximum of 6 excess baggage Awards per flight, totalling 30 kg.
- Allowance by number of baggage items
If your flight uses an item limit, there are two types of Awards:
- On AIR FRANCE and KLM(3) flights, the excess baggage Award allows you to transport one additional baggage item for 10,000 Miles or 2 additional baggage items for 40,000 Miles.
- On Kenya Airways, Air Europa and Aircalin flights, the excess baggage Award allows you to transport 1 additional baggage item, equivalent to 2 Awards of 5 kg, or 12,000 Miles.
(1) Depending on Award seat quotas allocated on the flight.
One upgrade maximum per flight (from the class paid to one class above).
Valid only for reservation classes corresponding to full-price, and on one-way flights.
The Flex Award does not apply.
Modifiable after issuance on payment of a standard fee of 40 euros (or the equivalent in local currency)
(2) Award transferable to all. The beneficiary must supply a written statement from the member authorizing them to use their Miles. Awards are cumulative with an Award ticket. The excess baggage Award cannot be used for special baggage.
(3)With the exception of KLM flights to and from the United States, Canada and Mexico.