Families & children
Are you traveling as a family? Air France takes great care to ensure you are comfortable on board: special meals for infants and children, games, gifts, etc. Our cabin crew makes sure your flight will
be a truly pleasant experience!
on domestic flights within France. On international flights, infants receive a 90% fare reduction. You also have the option of booking a seat for your infant
(child fare), where you may place a car seat that conforms to official regulations.
Please remember to let us know that you will be traveling with an infant
when you book your trip.
- On all flights, an infant must be accompanied by a passenger over the age of 18.
- Exception: a passenger under 18 years of age can accompany an infant if he or she is the child´s father, mother, or legal guardian.
- Each passenger may accompany only one infant. To travel with 2 infants, a 2nd passenger is necessary.
Families traveling with infants will receive priority at boarding time.
- Prior to departure, remember to make sure that you have for infants that are required by the police, customs agents, and immigration officers of your destination country.
- Travel is not recommended for infants in the 7 days following birth.
- Avoid travel if your infant is ill.
- If your infant is receiving medical treatment or suffers from travel sickness,
- remember to bring his or her medical record and medications.
- Remember to bring the items necessary for changing your infant (diapers, wipes, etc.).
- Opt for comfortable and warm clothing (sweaters and socks).
- During take-off and landing, give your infant a pacifier, bottle, lollipop or a cookie in order to reduce possible earaches.
- Bring enough bottles and food for the trip. Make sure that your infant drinks amply during the flight.
* Except for long-haul flights to Pointe-à-Pitre, Fort-de-France, Saint Martin, Cayenne, Réunion, Seychelles, Mauritius, Punta Cana, Havana, Santo Domingo.
You may also request a cradle on medium-haul flights (in the Affaires cabin) and long-haul flights (in the Affaires, Alizé, Premium Voyageur, and Voyageur cabins).*
Please note: these cradles are designed for infants who weigh less than 10 kg and measure less than 70 cm.
Changing tables are also available on long-haul flights.
Remember to request these items when booking your trip or purchasing your ticket, or at least 24 hours before
your departure time.
* Cradles are not available in the La Première class.