- Remember to remove all labels from prior trips, as they may impede the delivery of your baggage.
- Visibly indicate your name, permanent address, destination address, mobile telephone number and e-mail address on the inside and the outside of your baggage. Suitable labels are available at Air France check-in desks.
- Avoid transporting fragile items in the hold. If you have no other option, ensure that these items are well protected or in their original packaging.
- Practical information: baggage protection services are available at New York-JFK airport and at Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport.
How many baggage items can you transport in the hold at no extra charge? What is the weight limit for each baggage item? Which items can you bring with you, and which are prohibited?
Find all the information you need to prepare your checked baggage and check in with ease.
Are you a Flying Blue member (Silver, Gold, or Platinum) or a Skyteam Elite or Elite Plus cardholder? To thank you for your loyalty, we offer you the option to check an additional baggage item weighing up to a maximum of 23 kg / 50 lb.
For example: you are a Flying Blue Silver member traveling in the Premium Eco cabin. This cabin’s baggage allowance lets you transport 2 baggage items of up to 23 kg / 50 lb each at no charge. With your Flying Blue Silver card, you can also check in 1 additional baggage item, for a total of 3 baggage items of up to 23 kg / 50 lb each at no charge.
- Are you traveling with an infant under 2 years of age on your lap? Your child receives a baggage allowance that allows you to check 1 baggage item of up to 10 kg / 22 lb.
- Are you traveling with a child over the age of 2? Your child receives the same baggage allowance as an adult with his or her ticket.
Please note: foldable strollers are accepted in the cabin on long-haul flights*.
* Except flights between metropolitan France and Pointe-à-Pitre, Fort-de-France, Saint Martin, Cayenne, Réunion, Seychelles, Mauritius, Punta Cana, Havana, Santo Domingo, and as long as ample space is available in the overhead baggage compartments.