Families and children
Are you traveling as a family? With our new Kids service, our top priority is to maximize comfort and well-being for you and your family: personalized services at the airport, special meals for infants and children, priority service, onboard entertainment and more. Our cabin crew makes sure your flight is a truly pleasant experience.
Baggage assistance and delivery*
Choose to have your baggage transported to the airport: we provide baggage pick-up and delivery services to and from your home. Upon your arrival in Paris, we can also have your baggage delivered immediately to the address of your choice.
Purchase the Meet & Greet Option to receive assistance from an Air France staff member throughout your journey at the Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly, Nice and Bordeaux airports. For departures, arrivals and during connecting flights, you will be personally greeted by our staff member, who will facilitate your passage through security checkpoints.
* Available on flights from Paris-Charles de Gaulle or Paris-Orly to Fort-de-France, Pointe-à-Pitre or Saint-Denis in Reunion
You can request a bassinet on long-haul flights in the Business, Premium Economy and Economy cabins, subject to availability. Bassinets are designed for infants weighing less than 10 kg / 22 lbs and measuring less than 70 cm / 27 in.
To check availability and submit your request for a bassinet, please contact us by phone as soon as possible after booking your flight, and at least 48 hours before your departure.
If you reserved a seat for your infant, a regulation-sized car seat may be accepted in the cabin.
For children 9 to 11 years of age, you can request a children's meal at least 24 hours before departure. Otherwise, your child receives a regular meal.
In addition, your child is served before you so you have time to help your child eat before enjoying your own meal.
A la Carte Menus
Want to enjoy a taste of fine dining during your flight? Choose one of our A la Carte Menus: Tradition, ”Une Sélection LENÔTRE“, Italia or Ocean. Available on most of our long-haul flights in the Premium Economy and Economy cabins, our A la Carte Menus enable you to choose a meal suited to your tastes.
* Except flights to/from Tunis and Yerevan.
So that your children also have a chance to relax, we provide a Kids space inside the lounge at Terminal E, Boarding Gate M. For the summer vacation period in France, we have also prepared 2 additional Kids spaces in the Terminal E lounges at Boarding Gates L and K. These areas offer your children PlayStation Vita consoles, board games and kids magazines.
- Avoid travel if your infant is ill.
- Bring enough bottles and food for the trip.
- Please remember to bring the items you need for changing your infant (diapers, wipes, etc.).
- Make sure your infant drinks amply during the trip.
- Prior to departure, please remember to make sure you have all your child's documents required by the police, customs agents and immigration officers at your destination country.
- If you are bringing a stroller on board, please remember to affix a label displaying your contact information (name, address, phone number and e-mail).
- If your child is receiving medical treatment or suffers from travel sickness, please remember to bring his or her medical record and medications.
- Choose comfortable and warm clothing (sweaters and socks).
- During take-off and landing, give your child a piece of candy or chewing gum, or a pacifier, bottle, lollipop or cookie for infants, to reduce possible earaches.
The child and accompanying passenger must travel in the same cabin or the child will be considered an unaccompanied minor (UM).
Each passenger may accompany only one infant (up to 2 years of age). To travel with 2 infants, a 2nd passenger** over the age of 18 is necessary.
* Up to 12 years of age for flights within metropolitan France and flights to/from French overseas departments and territories, and up to 15 years of age for international flights.
** Unless the passenger is the child's father, mother or legal guardian.
- 15% on short-haul flights,
- 33% on medium- and long-haul flights.
- he or she can travel on your lap at no extra charge on flights within metropolitan France, or at a reduced fare on international flights,
- you can also reserve a seat for your infant and benefit from the fare reduction listed above.
Please note: you must reserve a seat for your infant if you are traveling in the La Première cabin.
If your child turns 2 years old during your trip, the child discount applies to all the flights in your itinerary. The infant discount does not apply in this case.
- a hand baggage item weighing less than 12 kg / 26.4 lb and whose dimensions do not exceed 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21 in x 13 in x 9 in,
- an additional baggage item weighing up to 10 kg (except for the Mini price ticket, which require a supplementary fee to transport baggage in the hold).
- Small foldable stroller*: dimensions cannot exceed 15 cm x 30 cm x 100 cm / 5.9 in x 11.8 in x 39.4 in
- Other foldable stroller: it replaces the hand baggage allowance for infants, and its dimensions cannot exceed: 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21 in x 13 in x 9 in. You must pack the stroller in a carrying case that covers it fully.
* Space permitting on long-haul flights, except between metropolitan France and Cayenne, Fort-de-France, Havana, Mauritius, Pointe-à-Pitre, Punta Cana, Reunion, Saint-Martin and Santo Domingo.