Are you traveling to or from the United States, or connecting to a different flight in the U.S.? American authorities require that you adhere to the following 2 regulations:
1/ Provide all information requested by authorities.
American authorities require that all individuals traveling to or from the United States, or connecting to a different flight within the U.S., provide their:
- last name*,
- first name,
- birth date,
- passport number, country of issue, and expiration date,
- green card information if applicable,
- country of residence,
- destination address.
You can provide this information when checking in, by completing the fields available for this purpose, or after check-in via the "Manage your reservations" section. You can also contact an Air France ticket office.
* For all ticket purchases for flights to the United States, the name on the ticket must be identical to that on the passport and all other documents required for the trip.
2/ Obtain electronic travel authorization (ESTA)
You are required to obtain electronic travel authorization for all travel to, from, or through the United States.
This measure pertains to residents of countries in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP*). This authorization can be obtained online, through the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) system.
- It is recommended to submit your request at least 72 hours before your flight´s departure.
- ESTA authorization is valid 2 years, as long as your passport remains valid during this period.
- This authorization now replaces the information sheet to be completed in the aircraft before landing in the United States.
American authorities deny access aboard the aircraft to all passengers who have not completed this required formality and those who have provided incorrect information. For this reason, please make sure that the information requested in the form is correct, especially your passport number and country. If you make a mistake, you must submit a new authorization request.
Once you receive authorization, we recommend that you print the document for your reference.
Complete your ESTA application (official site)
* Residents of 35 countries can travel to the United States without a visa for a period of up to 90 days: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
Please check the official ESTA website to see if you meet the conditions that require ESTA authorization: passport type, reason for stay, etc.